The Milan Urban Food Policy Pact Secretariat is proud to announce the fourth edition of the Milan Pact Awards, a common initiatives of the City of Milan and Cariplo Foundation.
The previous editions gathered a total of 157 practices from MUFPP signatory cities. The Award Ceremonies were organized during the last Annual Gatherings in FAO-Rome 2016, Valencia 2017 and Tel Aviv 2018.
The 2019 edition will be hosted in Montpellier (France) at the MUFPP Annual Gathering, next October.
The purpose of Milan Pact Awards is to promote Mayors’ action on developing “sustainable food systems that are inclusive, resilient, safe and diverse, that provide healthy and affordable food to all people in a human rights-based framework, that minimise waste and conserve biodiversity while adapting to and mitigating impacts of climate change”. The Awards are also an initiative aims to recognize innovation and stimulate good practices exchange among MUFPP Signatory Cities.
This call asks signatory cities to submit 1 to 3 food practices in relation to the MUFPP categories. Please, follow the guidelines for submission below that explain in detail the awards criteria and the evaluation process. Submissions from cities may be in English (preferred), French or Spanish.
The deadline for receiving submissions is Sunday, 26 May 2019. An expert Awards Committee will evaluate submissions by a set of four criteria: innovation, impact, inclusion and adversity.
There are two types of awards:
- Six practices will be awarded with 6 Special Mentions as highest scoring practice in each of the six categories of the MUFPP.
- Two practices will be awarded with 2 Monetary Prizes of EUR 15.000 each, to be used for peer-to-peer technical assistance to other MUFPP signatory city or networks. The two monetary awards are: Highest Score Award and Challenging Environment Award.
All the practices submitted could be shared by the Secretariat on the MUFPP website, social media, the FAO Urban Food Actions Platform and other platforms.
To submit your practices and for any request of information about the Milan Pact Awards please contact the MUFPP Secretariat at MUFPP.email@example.com
- Call and Guidelines for Submission
- Submission Form
- Letter of Mayor
- Appel et Lignes directrices pour la soumission 2019
- Formulaire de soumission
- Lettre du Maire
- Convocatoria y Lineamientos para el Envío de Propuestas 2019
- Formulario para envío propuestas
- Carta de Alcalde